It seemed like such an abstract concept, but now it's two weeks away and no longer abstract. It's quickly becoming a reality.
I've got another scan next week to make sure all is going as it should. So remind me to shave my legs for my appointment with the "internal" ultrasound machine. I've seen others give it cute little nick names like Mr. Wandy or dildo cam. What do you call it?? I'd love to know. Post your nick name in the comments and if I like one then I'll start using it. Otherwise I'll just be boring and refer to it by it's medical name.
I am definitely starting to feel the effects of the hormones. I am moody and quick to anger and/or tears,,,, or both if the mood strikes me. The hubby will ask me something simple and I almost bite his head off.
He's been doing a good job at trying to find the humor in it all. He's been making all sorts of jokes about me and my hormones,,,, but not when I'm actually in mood of course,,, he's not that stupid. Mostly they make me laugh, and at times like these it's important to be able to laugh, especially at myself when I'm acting crazy.
I've been trying very hard to maintain awareness of when I'm being a moody bitch and bite my tongue. It's not been easy, but I'm trying really hard. I am trying really hard not to take it out on the hubby. After all, it's not his fault that the hormones are making me feel this way.
- It's not his fault that he's the closest one to me when my mood swings.
- It's not his fault that it's not socially acceptable to smack total strangers when they stop right in front of me.
- It's not his fault that any little thing can make me want to cry.
- It's not his fault that I can't find my keys.
- It's not his fault that I burnt the toast.
- It's not his fault that I've just got all light headed.
- It's not his fault that I'm having a hot flash.
- It's not his fault that everyone else in the room is an idiot.
- It's not his fault that people let their kids run all over the grocery store like wild animals and one of them just ran over my foot with their shopping trolley.
- It's not his fault.