Monday, 22 June 2015

After All This Time- #MicroblogMondays

After all this time.

It's been almost 5 years since we lost him.

After all this time, I still can't become friends with someone who has a child who is the same age as he should be.

It seems silly perhaps, and it certainly makes it difficult to make new friends in a new town.

After all this time, I still can't do it.

I'm sure you are a lovely person, but you have a child who will turn 5 this summer so we can't be friends.

After all this time you would think I could look past it, but I can't.

7 comments:

  1. When you've been wounded so deeply, things like that don't need to make sense - as long as they ease some of weight on your heart. Thinking of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just met a very sweet woman whose son will be 5 in December. I immediately felt myself creating distance. It's just so hard.

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Silly" is definitely NOT the word I would use to describe your feelings. I'm sure five years feels like no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here from the roundup. ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Without really realizing it until recently, I think I distance myself from people with kids of the same age of what could have been. Helps to have an awareness about it. Thank you for sharing so I know I am not the only one who struggles with this sometimes. Thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete