Monday 20 July 2015

#Microblog Monday- Can I Ride My Bike To Heaven?

Me to Frostina this morning- "It's almost your brother's birthday."

Frostina to me- "Are we going to get him a birthday cake?"

Me- "No, your brother lives in heaven so we are going to get him a balloon that we will let fly up in the sky so he can get it."

Frostina- "Heaven is very far away, I can ride my bike there so I can go see him."

Me (hiding my tears)- "No honey, you can't get to heaven on your bike, it's too far away."

Frostina- "Oh, then we will drive there in your car, OK?"

You gotta love the logic of a 3 year old.

Wouldn't it be nice if we could ride our bikes to heaven to see the ones we have lost?

9 comments:

  1. Sweet and heartbreaking. I wish she could meet her brother.
    Sending hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that idea -- especially my hair waving back in the wind as I make my way there. Somehow riding a bike sounds joyous, like it would be if I could see people again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sweet. I love that you include your daughter in your celebrations of your son's life.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that children are so pure and loving in their thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, this is lovely. Thinking of you as the birthday comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gus said to me last week, "We can just tie a birthday sundae to Oscar's and Bella's balloons for their birthday so they can have a sundae, too." If only it were that easy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That pulls at the heart strings. I wish it were a matter of just jumping on a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That pulls at the heart strings. I wish it were a matter of just jumping on a bike.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That pulls at the heart strings. I wish it were a matter of just jumping on a bike.

    ReplyDelete