Sunday 14 October 2012

Just Me And My Frosty (1 Year Later)

A year ago today I went in for a frozen embryo transfer. I had given our little frozen embryo the nickname Frosty because after years of infertility treatments you have to find ways to make things fun. Once we knew Frosty was a girl we changed her nickname to Frostina and that's still her name here on the blog.

I wrote all about that day and my feelings in this post. I was on my own and nervous, but very hopeful that day.

Fast forward to today, 1 year after that transfer and I am sitting here with our little girl in my arms. Well actually, at this very moment she's sleeping in her Daddy's arms,,,, but the point I'm making is that it worked!! I have a real life baby as a result of that frozen embryo transfer.

Somehow, that little embryo we nicknamed Frosty turned into a real life living baby.

1 year ago today I was sent back to my hotel room with a photo of a little embryo.

Today I have this amazing photo to look at.

We did these at Gymboree this week,,,, aren't they the cutest???

7 comments:

  1. I'm a terribly lazy commenter but I'm always around reading. Congrats! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a difference a year can make! So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your real live baby has got ADORABLE tiny little feet. Baby feet and baby ears are my favorite things to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  4. super cute. happy first birthday to Frostina!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so amazing. Technology has come so far for women to achieve the gift of motherhood via other method. Congrats on the success a year has given you. Hope to see many more for ya-
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the joy one yesz can bring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - just been browsing through your blog. What a journey. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete