Wednesday 12 December 2012

Catching Up

Wow, has it really been over a month since my last post?

I don't know how I got out of the habit, but I'm hoping to get better at fitting this space into my week. I do miss the writing and the reading. I have been going through my reader and I feel so out of touch with everyone.

So apologies for not writing and not reading or commenting either. The adjustment to Motherhood is still a huge one for me and it's clear that I haven't quite found my balancing point just yet.

So here's a bit of a catch up. The visit home was amazing. Frostina did so well on the flight which was a huge relief! It's an 11 hour flight from London to Los Angeles and I had visions of walking a crying baby up and down the aisles the entire time. But we got lucky and she was a trooper. Much to the relief of myself as well as all the other passengers.

She adjusted to the time difference in one day!! That part was also amazing!!!

She was so cute and adorable with all the family. As I've written about here before, she's very particular about who she will smile at. So I was worried that she would be timid around our family.

Turns out I worried for nothing. She took one look at my Mom and flashed her a huge smile...... soooooo cute! She was great with everyone and let everyone hold her. She smiled and made all her cute faces and noises for everyone. She was the belle of the ball and everyone loved her.

It was a wonderful visit but at the end of the two weeks we were ready to come home. I'd love to say that Frostina adjusted back to UK time as quickly as she did to California time. However, her adjustment back was not as easy. It's taken her almost two weeks to be back to normal.

I think part of the issue may be due to teething. We don't have any teeth just yet but she's been waking up crying in the night and won't go back to sleep until I give her some Calpol (baby tylenol for my US friends). Her cheeks also get really red sometimes, red like an apple. And I won't even go into the drool that is coming out of this kid,,, let's just say it's flowing freely. So I expect to see some teeth very soon.

Some other fun things.

  • We started solid foods this week.
  • She no longer hates tummy time.
  • She can sit up for short periods of time before she finally tips over.
  • She has discovered her laugh.
Oh, and she loves ceiling fans.....
We don't have any of these at home but she discovered this one at a hotel while we were back in the US and was absolutely fascinated.
Other than that we're just getting ready for Christmas. Our first with Frostina and our third without our son. It's bittersweet for sure and not something I want to get into today. Today is just a day to catch up.

So what have you been up to?

4 comments:

  1. I'm having a hard time balancing blog time too. It's nice to hear from you and I'm glad the trip home was such a success! As far as teething goes, Mason has been a hard core drooler since 4ish months...we are approaching 8 months and still no teeth! What the heck...this drooling may last forever ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent posted much lately too. Good to hear from you, though. Nicky loves ceiling fans too! I'm glad you had a good trip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forget if you've heard for me...I'm pregnant with my rainbow!!! I'm in the 26th week (farther in then my first)almost 27! You can read about this pregnancy on the blog. :)

    It's amazing how quickly frostina adjusted to the time change but how long it took once you arrived back home. So nice to hear from you. Hope to hear more-

    hugs-
    Felicia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ceiling fans! She's already attuned to the differences between UK and US life, if she noticed ceiling fans in the hotel room. How very trans-cultural of her!

    ReplyDelete