On the one hand I can't wait to get started. On the other hand I know this means we're diving head first into uncharted territory.
- Are we ready for all of this? Who knows.
- Is there ever going to be a day when our feelings won't be so raw and vulnerable? Probably not.
- Are we in a place where we could handle another pregnancy?? I hope so.
- Are we in a place where we could handle another pregnancy loss? I have no idea.
All I know is that we want more than anything to have a living, breathing, take-home baby.
- One who we can watch grow up and that can smile cheekily in family photos.
- One who is noisy, and messy, and demanding of our time.
- One who makes a huge wail when he or she is born.
- One who's eyes we get to see looking up at us.
- One who's hair will grow long enough that we know what color it is.
- A baby who can be a living part of our family, not just a memory.
- We want a baby we can hold in our arms and not just in our hearts.
All I know is that in order to have our take home baby we have to put ourselves out there.
Are we ready for all of this? I suppose we're as ready as we'll ever be. We are cautiously optimistic and praying for a positive outcome. In the end I guess that's the best that we can be right now.